Put Innovators at Risk
by James Bessen and Michael J. Meurer
Princeton University Press
- Introduction: The Argument in Brief
- Why Property Rights Work, How Property Rights Fail
- If You Can’t Tell the Boundaries, Then It Ain’t Property
- Survey of Empirical Research: Do Patents Work as Property?
- What Are US Patents Worth to their Owners?
- The Cost of Disputes
- How Important is the Failure of Patent Notice?
- Small Inventors
- Abstract Patents and Software
- Making Patents Perform as Property
- Reforms to Improve Notice
- Conclusion: A Glance Forward
Order the book
Some Associated Papers